|.........Music.........|.........DJ.........|.........Production.........|.........Interviews.........|.........Parties.........|

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Parties: Work It, Jerk It... Celebrate It - In The Club! (Thursday, May 14, Johannesburg)

Boom Monk Ben has been turning me onto some wicked cool stuff, ever since we first got a hold of him in anticipation of his sets in Jozi and Cape Town a while back.

And just as I was about to leave for home after a long working day to go take a bath and relax a little (I've been watching a dubstep documentary when I should've been sleeping) before I get my best bassface on for the first !DIRTY!DIRTY! tonight, lookie lookie!


My RSS feed subcription to Ben's Mixed Bizness pops up and I get this corker of a party starter to play in my car on the way to b'day boi Spoek's party!

Thunderheist - Jerk It (Megasoid Remix) (right click save as)

Thunderheist's sultry diva Isis' "sexytime explosion" rhymes over Grahm's booty shaking beats, is like mixing the soul of The Gossip with the spunk of Spank Rock (no wonder they're signed to Big Dada). Fellow Canadian duo Megasoid keeps it in the Ninja Tune family, turning up the turbo crunk and jerking it real good with their remix.



And as a bonus, for some early praise of a sooper fun night out at the most neon venue in town, whilst satisfying your inner Justin Timberlake undercover lover:

Claire Hux - Holy Ghost In The Club (MediaFire)