|.........Music.........|.........DJ.........|.........Production.........|.........Interviews.........|.........Parties.........|

Tuesday, September 01, 2009

It Takes Some Magic Just To Believe: Hypnotize, Hold Me Close, Kiss My Ass... To Kingdom Come

So Passion Pit blew up like everyone suspected they would. It was pretty evident after "Sleepyhead"'s well deserved hype and the EP it came out on. Yet most remixes have left a bad taste in my mouth, but Grum's, as always, does not disappoint.


Played it at The End Is Nigh... worked splendidly well after the remix of MGMT that Richard played.

Passion Pit - To Kingdom Come (Grum remix) (MediaFire)

If you haven't checked out his remix of Freeland's "Borderline" yet, do it now.
Too rad!

And this one's also flawless, another favourite that came out this year:

Tommy Sparks - Miracle (Grum remix) (MediaFire)

THE track to soundtrack people falling in love on the dancefloor, even if it's just for the night. + it's got some wicked cowbell usage.

Makes me feel like all I need is my girlfriend with me on the dancefloor, a strobe and Fred Falke spinning all night long.

Then there is this. A darling of an indie band where the main man behind the microphone often seems to sing over lovely orchestral pop songs about being in love with a dude, gets the remix treatment by another alter ego of Stuart Price's (a.k.a. The Thin White Duke and of Zoot Woman and countles other aliases). I really didn't expect this. Gay club anthem? Naah. I could say music is my boyfriend too, so why swing that way...

The Hidden Cameras - In The NA (Crystal Pepsi Remix) (MediaFire)

and Crystal Pepsi?? WTF?! That shit sounds swee-t!