|.........Music.........|.........DJ.........|.........Production.........|.........Interviews.........|.........Parties.........|

Monday, March 02, 2009

Excuse me, I have to go. Somewhere there is a crime happening.




The 80's gave me so much joy I owe it head. Or something. Thundercats and Masters of the Universe ensured that the fresh smell of plastic that escapes the blister packaging of a new toy would trigger waves of contentment in me throughout my life. The ultra-violent and mostly funny RoboCop (Darren Aronofsky remake in 2010) began my love affair with the word "fuck" and showed me that the dude who played the dad on "That 70's Show" is actually really terrifying. Mad Magazine (Pre Bill Gaines' death) made me realise that nothing is sacred and under no circumstances should anything be taken seriously, ever. And when I heard Ministry for the first time I found that synthesizers talk directly to my groin, drum machines to my feet and that all music could be made just a little bit better with movie samples, tape-loops and Al Jourgensen snarling about some crap in the background...

This is from the charmingly titled "The Land of Rape and Honey" and it has just the right levels of anxiety, menace and repetition to transform even the most mundane task into a war... ...a war you can win!