|.........Music.........|.........DJ.........|.........Production.........|.........Interviews.........|.........Parties.........|

Thursday, April 02, 2009

Belushi's Beloved - 006

What a piece of shit, 
how you supposed to do a superman air on that thing?


If I played house I would start every set with this track, and I'm not saying i don't play house but i prefer to believe i don't.
That might be considered delusional, but there are people who dj electro, thinking they are beat matching punk? So a little delusion is not all that bad if it helps me sleep better.

I don't know what sub-genre-echelon the track falls into. So can't help you categorize the bastard.
(Although at the back of my mind the sub-genre is probably called "Funky House", christ what a horrible description fuck the 40 year old Israeli trance tranny who came up with that name.)
It's one of those tracks to warm up the brain and is pure unadulterated fun, that i promise.

Gregor Salto, a foreign name to me when i discovered this track, but after reading his site imaginatively titled www.gregorsalto.com, I read about his musical history.

Gregor Salto has been playing classical piano since he was +-4, producing electronic music since the Triassic period on his dad's Commodore Amiga and released his first record in 1994. 

Now no doubt this track is good, but if you've been programming electronic music since the time of Commodore Amiga, by now you should be some kind of electronic music wizard programming the OST for the second coming of christ and have deities lined around the block in order to colab with.
Or he started programming on a Commodore Amiga in '93 because his dad is a stingy dick hoarding nazi gold for his retirement fund. Come on pappy you could have sprung for a 286, huh?

I have to say i have heard the original and it's ok/utter shit and the reason i won't admit to myself that I play house, but the reworking by Funkin Matt deserves all the credit, so i could have ripped yarn about him but I refuse to Google the word funkin.