|.........Music.........|.........DJ.........|.........Production.........|.........Interviews.........|.........Parties.........|

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Cosmic Disco Hero Makes Some Noize

Boredoms are a Japanes noise /avant-garde rock band who've been around since around 1986. They've collaborated with everyone from John Zorn to members of Sonic Youth and have influenced pretty much everyone from Oneida to Deerhoof, even South African  noizemakers The Sticky Antlers.

Their latest, Super Roots Volume 10, is comprised of 6 new tracks, 4 of which are remixes of “Ant 10”. The vinyl has been long sold out now and it's
proven rather difficult to find...



Lindstrøm's version is a cosmic workout that sounds something like if Stevie Wonder was pulled into a guest appearance against his shrooming will at a disco in Nigeria in the 70ies and "Superstition" turned into an epic jam with some added Moogs to his disposal.

(I've had this for a while now, since its release in fact, but after I found that gif out of a scene from an Asian movie I'm busy tracking down, it somehow reminded me and I couldn't resist doing this post.)

Boredoms - Ant 10 (Lindstrøm remix) (Mediafire)

And in case you missed out, Lindstrøm's album Where You Go I Go Too is a mammoth of a disco masterpiece and one of my favourite releases of last year! I highly recommend tracking it down.

Bonus:

He also has a more recent album out - II - another collaboration with psychedelic partner and friend Prins Thomas (also a favourite producer of mine).

Balearic beach bliss, lost in translation...

Lindstrøm & Prins Thomas - Note I Love You + 100 (Mediafire) [for Leeny]