|.........Music.........|.........DJ.........|.........Production.........|.........Interviews.........|.........Parties.........|

Friday, April 10, 2009

Have you met Magda?


Well I hadn't. Not until last night. I couldn't sleep for the fourth night in a row. The blame is on jet lag this time and not my amorous housemate, he's away this weekend.

Phil the housemate. Love Machine

I was scouring the nether regions of the Internet looking for God knows what and I stumbled across Magda. Well, her top 10 anyway, but it was enough information to make me want to dig a little deeper. There is a lot of information about her and she's been around for a while so I'll just stick to the facts.

No Words

Her full name is Magdalena Chojnacka. She's Polish but grew up in the states. In 1996 she started DJing the shit out of the underground party scene under the guidance of Dan Bell and Claude Young and quickly became a Detroit favourite. Around 1999 her selections became decidedly more minimal. She then caught the attention of Detroit's second wave pioneer, the legendary Richie Hawtin. She's his protege now and no 1 choice for opening act whenever he plays. When Richie fucking Hawtin says "Hey Magda. Come to my house. I'll show you how I do what I do and while we're at it, you can copy all my music" you know everything is going to be ok. Check out her top 10, download the mix, pay attention to her selection and flawless technique. She's producing now and that is a very, very good thing.

Magda @ Electronic Beats Radio Oktober 2008 (Mediafire)

Oh hey, while you're at it, download this sleazy piece of late night joy

Luciano ft. Richie Hawtin - I want to fuck (Mediafire)